Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 slice bacon about 2 oz
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 cup cooked corn
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- a few drops sesame oil
- salt pepper
- In a saucepan or a pot, bring chicken broth to a boil together with bacon, oyster sauce, ginger and 1 whole scallion. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the soup, add cooked corn.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 Tbsp water. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tsp cornstarch until there are no lumps. Slowly pour egg mixture into the boiling soup while stirring it with a spoon or chopsticks.
- Pour cornstarch/water mixture into the soup, stirring, until you get the thickness you like.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve Chinese Egg Drop Soup sprinkled with chopped scallion and some Easy Scallion Pancakes.
One thought on “Chinese Egg Drop Soup”