Spiced Salmon Kebabs
YIELD: 4 servings
ACTIVE TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet (preferably wild), cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total. Brush with oil and season with reserved spice mixture.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, 5-8 minutes.