Panera Bread Mac n Cheese Recipe
Servings: 8 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Calories 305 kcal
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 lb , pasta, cooked (cavatappi, shells, or elbow)
- Start by boiling the pasta. You can take any pasta, preferably the elbow pasta.
- Take a large cooking pot and fill it with water.
- Place this pot on the medium-high heat and add a pinch of salt along with a tablespoon of cooking oil.
- When the water is cooked to a boil, add the pasta and cook until it is al dente.
- Check the pasta if it is cooked inside out and then drain it in a sieve.
- Run tap water through the pasta to allow them to cool a bit then keep it aside to drain all the water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mac and cheese sauce.
- Take a large-sized pot and place it over medium-high heat.
- Place butter in this pot and let it melt on the heat.
- Gradually stir in flour and continue mixing it with butter for one minute.
- Then reduce down the heat of the stove and stir in milk and heavy cream.
- Mix well until the white sauce is lump-free.
- Stir in dry mustard, black pepper and salt for seasoning then mix well.
- Continue cooking this mixture with continuous stirring.
- When the sauce starts to bubble, lower down the heat and add cheddar cheese.
- Cook the white sauce until the cheese is melted completely then give the sauce a thorough stir.
- Toss in the cooked pasta and mix until the macaroni and cheese sauce are completely combined.
- Adjust seasoned with more salt and black pepper if desired.
- Mix again and leave the mac and cheese for 5 minutes on low heat.
- You can use red chili flakes, crumbled bacon, dried herbs or fresh herbs as well to garnish the bowl of mac and cheese.
- Serve warm and devour.