YIELD: 4 servings
- 1½ lb. baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ cup Diamond Crystal or ¼ cup Morton kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. red miso
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Bring potatoes, salt, and 1 quart water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 12–14 minutes; drain. Grill potatoes, turning often with tongs, until lightly charred, 6–8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set a medium skillet, preferably cast iron, on grill. Place butter and miso in skillet and cook, stirring, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in garlic and vinegar. Season with pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to skillet, breaking some in half with tongs. Toss to coat in miso butter. Add parsley; toss again.