- Prep: 15 min.
- Cook: 25 min. + standing
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare campfire or grill for low heat. Cut a thin slice off top of bread loaf. Hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell (save removed bread for another use). Spread dressing on inside of hollowed loaf and under the top of the bread. Layer with cheddar, ham, provolone and turkey. Replace top. Place on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24×18 in.). Brush loaf with butter. Fold foil edges over top, crimping to seal.
- Cook over campfire or grill until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before removing foil. Cut into wedges.
Test Kitchen tips: This giant sandwich can be tricky to slice. Cut it with a serrated knife using a sawing motion. Consider inserting kabob skewers through each piece prior to cutting to hold layers together.
1 piece: 346 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 865mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.