Servings: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Calories: 380 kcal
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1-2 small cups of all-purpose wheat flour
- 3 pinches of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of warm water
- Cooking oil (5-10 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon of powdered onions
- 2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Leaves of lettuce
- Tomato (sliced)
- Mayonnaise (as preferred)
- Jalapeno juice (optional)
- Mix buttermilk, cayenne pepper, and the 4 chicken breasts in a bowl. Jalapeno juice can be added to this mixture due to its richness in vitamins A and C as well as potassium. Wrap the pan with a foil and refrigerate this mixture for an hour.
- Using a separate bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, cayenne pepper, powdered garlic, and onions and whisk them to achieve consistency.
- From the refrigerator, grab the chicken breast fillets and dip them into the second bowl containing flour and the other ingredients. Do this in a repeat fashion where you drop the chicken breasts into the first bowl then to the latter until well dredged. Then arrange the chicken breasts on a foil. Set aside.
- Half fill a deep pan with oil and allow the oil to preheat well. Pick the chicken fillets you had set aside, and one by one, let them into the now hot oil (around 360-370 F). Ensure proper cooking until you achieve a golden-brown color. Ensure you use a spoon that filters out the fat. Lay the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Remove from the oven after 5-8 minutes with the oven at about 160 degrees F.
- Heat a large size pan to achieve medium heat, add butter, and lay the plain buns as if to toast.
- Pick up the bread and apply mayonnaise. Place a chicken breast on the bread; both sides, followed by the green lettuce and tomato that are well sliced on top of the bun.
- Ensure the lettuce is washed correctly
- Serve when still hot