Popeyes Red Beans and Rice Recipe
Servings: 10 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Calories: 240 kcal
- 3 cans red beans
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of lard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups long grain rice, cooked for serving
- Start by placing the contents of the 2 cans of beans into a sauce pan.
- Next, add the water into the same pan.
- Cook the 4 cups of long grain rice in a pan.
- You can mix in the following ingredients on a short blend. This includes; onion powder, red pepper, salt, garlic salt and lard.
- You should now drain the remaining beans and place it into the food-processor.
- Only process for a number of seconds to maintain a whole bean look.
- At this point, add the entire mix into the saucepan and continue to cook on a lower heat. Continue to stir.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For best results soak the red beans overnight. For speed of making this, we haven’t included that step in this recipe.