Prep time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 30minutes
Calories: 410 kcal
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Two finely chopped yellow onions
- Kosher salt
- One teaspoon of distilled white vinegar
- 32 ounces of French fries (frozen)
- One tablespoon of yellow mustard
- ¼ cup of fresh ketchup
- Six slices of American cheese
- Three tablespoons of sweet pickle relish
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- First of all, you should heat up the oil in a frying pan and set the heat to medium. Wait for the oil until it starts shimmering. Next, you should add onions and then season with some salt. You can then cook until the onions become soft, which may take up to 10 minutes.
- Then you can cover the pan and stir it every couple of minutes. You should keep doing so until the onions become golden brown, which may take up to 40 minutes. In the meantime, you can heat the oven and prepare your favorite sauce.
- You can get two racks in order to create two sections in the oven and set the heat to 218 Celsius. You can use oil to coat two rimmed baking sheets. Then you can stir vinegar, mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise and everything else in a bowl and create a mixture.
- Around 15 minutes before the onions become golden brown, you can spread on the fries on the baking sheets. And then you should continue to bake so that the fries turn golden brown. You should keep stirring the fries and switching the sheets from one rack to another for up to 25 minutes based on the package directions.
- Use salt for seasoning the fries, and the pile fires on the baking sheets in two layers. Next, you can create one layer of cheese over the fries. Now, you should bake on the top rack to the point that they get melted, which will take around 1 minute.
- Lastly, you should sprinkle the onions on the cheese and top it up with the sauce. That’s it. You can go ahead and serve the French fries to your guests.
- It’s better to cook the onions and prepare the sauce 24 hours ahead. Once prepared, you can store them in different containers and keep them at room temperature.
- So, this is an easy recipe to follow if you want to make In-N-Out Animal-style French fries. Hopefully, you will find this recipe easy to follow.