Sweet Shredded Pork Sandwich
Serving Size: 2
3 carrots chopped
1/2 cup red onion chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
1/c cup shredded red cabbage
1 red bell pepper chopped in small bits
1/4 cup olive oil and vinegar dressing
1/2 cup canned drained pineapple chunks
2 apples cored peeled and chopped
1 payapa seeded, peeled and chopped
2 cups sodium free chicken broth
1 tsp cinnamon
2 boneless center cut pork chops
1 cup sodium free chicken broth
1 cup apple juice
1. Mix together the first six ingredients and store in an air-tight container overnight to make salsa.
2. Combine the next five ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
3. Bring to a boil and immediately turn the heat to medium low.
4. Simmer uncovered until the broth almost cooks down.
5. Store in an air-tight container.
6. In a crock pot add chicken broth, apple juice and uncooked whole pork chops.
7. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
8. When almost ready to eat, transfer entire dish to a medium sauce pan.
9. Pull apart pork with fork and add 1 cup fruit chutney.
10. Simmer uncovered for one hour, or until sauce cooks down.
11. Place one serving on a bun.
12. Top with salsa and lettuce.
To make more, double the shredded pork ingredients per two servings extra.