Active: 10 mins Total: 9 hrs 10 mins Yield: Serves 20 (serving size: 2 1/2 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-lb.) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Step 1: Stir together butter, salt, mustard, pepper, and garlic. Place beef on a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet. Rub butter mixture all over beef, and chill, uncovered, at least 8 hours.
- Step 2: Let beef stand about 20 minutes at room temperature. Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake in preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 135°F (medium-rare), 25 to 30 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil; let rest about 15 minutes before slicing.