Yield: 10 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Step 1: Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Step 2: Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Step 3: Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Step 4: Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
This dessert is perfect for entertaining guests on a summer night or even during the middle of the day at a cookout. Fresh peaches make this dish absolutely delicious. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy.