Active: 20 mins
Total: 1 hr 15 mins
Yield: Serves 50 (serving size: 1 stick)
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups turbinado sugar
- 2 (12-oz.) pkg. center cut bacon
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. thin breadsticks
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare 2 foil-lined baking sheets and 1 parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Step 2: Combine sugars in a medium bowl; spread evenly on one foil-lined baking sheet.
- Step 3: Wrap 1 slice of bacon around 1 breadstick, starting at one end and barely overlapping, to surround entire breadstick. Roll bacon breadstick in sugar mixture and place on other foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bacon and breadsticks.
- Step 4: Bake in preheated oven until bacon is crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Remove from oven and immediately transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet to prevent sticking.
- Step 6: Using a meat mallet, smash garlic cloves to a paste. Combine butter and smashed garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH to melt butter, about 1 minute, removing from microwave often to stir and prevent popping.
- Step 7: Using a pastry brush, brush butter mixture over cooked bacon sticks.
- Step 8: Bake in oven an additional 5-7 minutes to slightly cook garlic. Remove from oven and cool completely on baking sheets.