Prep: 30 mins Total: 5 hrs Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 10 cups water
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 small sweet yellow onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 garlic bulb, top cut off
- 1 lemon, sliced into quarters
- 1 (3-oz.) crab and/or shrimp boil-in-bag seasoning (such as Zatarain’s)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 10 ounces Andouille sausage, sliced into 1/2-in. coins
- 6 ears fresh yellow corn, cut into thirds
- 2 pounds large unpeeled raw shrimp
- Lemon wedges
- Cocktail sauce
- Melted butter
- Step 1: Combine water, potatoes, onions, garlic, lemon, boil-in-bag seasoning, and salt in a 6- or 8-quart slow cooker. Cover, and cook on LOW until potatoes are almost tender, about 4 hours.
- Step 2: Add sausage and corn to slow cooker. Cover, and cook on HIGH 30 minutes. Transfer corn to a serving platter. Add shrimp to slow cooker; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is opaque and pink, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Step 3: To serve, drain and discard liquid and seasoning bag. Serve with lemon wedges, cocktail sauce, and melted butter.